A Cost control stack is a collection of resources designed to manage consumption-based spend. This comprises a set of spend limits and alert rules to control the financial risks associated with cloud-based spend. Including this stack in the Core Building Block ensures that every cloud estate has baked-in financial controls. The role of the Cost control stack is to deliver:
- Defined budgets with spend limits over some time period.
- An spend breach notification process aligned with wider alert management.
- Granular spend controls operating within a wider tagging standard.
- Recommendations for optimising the cost profile of resources.
Budgets should be set when a project is initialised and regularly updated. Close co-ordination with your organisation’s Finance team is recommended.
Cost management is controlled by the standard tag
cm-charge which can be applied to any resource. For more information on use of this tag, please see the cm-charge tag reference.
Cloudmarque workload components use a service locator pattern to identify the services they provide and specify dependencies. This component provides and relies on the following services:
This component does not publish any services.
- Logging - A logging service is required as a target for alerts when budgets are breached.
Edit this page on GitHub
The content on this page is published under Open Source licenses via GitHub. To submit issues or provide feedback please visit the repository.Visit