A Firewall is a basic building block for perimeter security, allowing fine-grained control of the services exposed from one network to another. Both IaaS and PaaS services exist in this area, with a range of vendors and technologies offering management capability across Layer 3, Layer 4, and Layer 7 network traffic.
The role of the Firewall is to:
- Verify the integrity of traffic flowing between cloud resources and networks
- Enforce access rules and traffic flow between cloud resources and networks
- Optionally, transform or re-route traffic to cloud resources (e.g. Layer 7 SSL offload, URL routing)
Firewalls can be used to establish perimeter security for both IaaS and PaaS services. This should be seen as part of a more comprehensive approach to security.
Cloudmarque workload components use a service locator pattern to identify the services they provide and specify dependencies. This component provides and relies on the following services:
This component creates resources with the following service tags:
- Gateway - A new network gateway is published.
- Logging - A logging service is required to track activity on the network.
- Network - (L3/4 firewalls only) A network location to use for the firewall.
Edit this page on GitHub
The content on this page is published under Open Source licenses via GitHub. To submit issues or provide feedback please visit the repository.Visit