Storage enables the provision of resources to persist data. As a PaaS service the storage is elastic and charged on a consumption basis, automatically “right-sized” to the amount of data an organisation needs to store. The role of the Storage component is to deliver:
- Resilient, persistent storage for data.
- Cost-optimised storage tiers and management tools based on data access frequency and required availability.
- Performance-optimised storage based on access patterns.
Key factors to consider when evaluating storage services are:
- Whether the data needs to be streamed to be useful (read as a byte stream), or should be read as a single block.
- How resilient your data needs to be across cloud vendor data centers and geographies.
- Whether data needs to be accessed frequently.
- Whether data needs to be accessed quickly (the maximum time between requests for the data and the request being fulfilled).
Cloudmarque workload components use a service locator pattern to identify the services they provide and specify dependencies. This component provides and relies on the following services:
This component creates resources with the following service tags:
- Storage - Each new storage service can be given a specific service identifier based on the type of storage it provides.
- Logging - A logging service to track cloud activity.
Edit this page on GitHub
The content on this page is published under Open Source licenses via GitHub. To submit issues or provide feedback please visit the repository.Visit