Set delivery expectations for the changes required over the next sprint period.
Participants and Responsibilities
- Team Lead
- Schedule the meeting and invite participants.
- Host the meeting and run the agenda.
- Team Members
- Provide estimates for requested functionality.
- Contribute risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies which may affect the estimate of work.
Sprint planning should take place either on the day prior to the start of a sprint or in the start day of the new sprint.
- Set the team capacity over the next sprint to understand how much time is available.
- Discount time used for non-delivery objectives, for example:
- Working on personal objectives.
- Delivering or receiving techncial training.
- Reserve capacity in the sprint for urgent issue resolution. This should be proportionally small, and catered for by including “stretch” stories to be undertaken if no urgent bugs are raised.
- Review story candidates at a high level
- Estimate story size (points-based)
- Agree stories and bugs in the sprint
- Mark stories to be delivered in-sprint as “Committed”
- Tag stretch stories as “Stretch”
- Create and estimate tasks (in hours)
- Move uncommitted stories to the next sprint.
Edit this page on GitHub
The content on this page is published under Open Source licenses via GitHub. To submit issues or provide feedback please visit the repository.Visit